About twenty miles from Las Vegas the highway dips into a beautiful and lush valley where trees abound. This is Watrous, New Mexico. The town is located at the confluence of the Sapello and Mora Rivers, whose headwaters are in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, the southern range of the Rockies. Originally designated as La Junta de los Ríos it was officially changed to Watrous in 1884 by the New Mexico and Southern Pacific Railroad Company (later the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway) to honor one of the town's early settlers, Samuel B. Watrous. La Junta/Watrous has a played an important commercial role in New Mexico's early history, encompassing its many cultures. Here were located Indian encampments, a Santa Fe Trail resting spot, railroad stops, modern highways, and several nearby Army Posts.
Unexplained lights have been seen moving inside the school house at night. The ghost that reportedly haunts the building is the town's old postmaster, Charles Reynolds, who was shot and killed inside the old school house in 1933. Is it really haunted? To see our full report click the link below;
© 2001 – 2015, GRIM (ADMIN). All rights reserved.